I’ve made it my life long quest to understand what it is to be happy and content. This may sound incredibly simplistic to some, but to other individuals who have experienced suffering, pain, tortuous thoughts or behaviours and a general disequilibrium of self, happiness being their only goal, is a tough one. I also understand that happiness is not a permanent emotional state that we can camp out in, feeling no more or less than eternal bliss. It is a wonderful emotion that reminds us that the dark, sometimes suffocating days will subside for the warmth eventually – we just have to be open enough to allow it.
I came across these beautiful mantras through The Mind Unleashed Org and wanted to share.
1) Even when I am alone I will remember that I am connected to all
2) I will find my path by helping others with theirs
3) I will not compound negative thoughts with shame
4) I will accept everybody wherever they are
5) I will look for and see beauty around me
6) I will allow abundance and good to happen to me
7) I will treat my mind and body as they deserve to be treated
8) I will dwell only on thoughts and emotions that help me grow
9) I will seek truth and knowledge
10) I will laugh and contribute positive energy to the universe